The VeggiDome is your tabletop server and saver, meant to keep fresh produce convenient and ready to eat. As with any fine glassware, use caution when handling and cleaning. Do not microwave, use in an oven, or place on any hot surface.
- The VeggiDome works best with fresh trimmed whole vegetables and summer fruits such as peaches, apricots, nectarines, plums and pears.
- At the market, Choose the fresh produce you plan to eat over the next few days.
- At home, wash and trim a selection of produce and place in the VeggiDome.
- Place the VeggiDome on the table or counter, Do not allow it to sit for long in direct sun.
- EAT AND REPEAT.
- Check daily and consume or refrigerate fully ripe fruits and vegetables.
- Keep the dome clean. If any of the produce appears to be over ripe or moldy, remove and wash.
- What the VeggiDome is BEST FOR: TOMATOES, CARROTS, CELERY, BELL PEPPERS, RADISHES, SQUASH, CUCUMBERS, GREEN BEANS, SNAP PEAS, - LEAFY GREENS, and more… AVOCADOS, TOMATILLOS, RAW CORN (corn so sweet, you may never cook it again…)
- BASIL does particularly well in the VeggiDome... as do SPROUTED GREENS. Good quality ROMAINE can last for three weeks... but just don't leave it to watch - EAT your Veggies!
- KALE has no ethylene so other produce will cause it to respire (ripen and then degrade) faster... Kale may want it's own VeggiDome. BROCCOLI will start to flower and turn slightly bitter in a few days or so. APPLES and BANANAS cause everything to ripen and respire faster.
- Do not use the VeggiDome for produce to be stored in a cool dry place - NO onions, potatoes, garlic, etc.
- If you cut BITE SIZE VEGGIES, be sure to consume THE SAME DAY.
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: Basil, Fruit, Greens, Instructions, Produce, Stone fruit, Summer fruit, Tips, Use, Vegetables, Veggies