WHAT IS THE VEGGIDOME?
The VeggiDome is the combination of three glass dishes - a transparent dome cover, a lid, and a large base platter - that keeps vegetables fresh, visible, and accessible out on your table or counter. Basically, VeggiDome is the "cookie jar" for vegetables.
HOW DO YOU USE THE VEGGIDOME?
1) Wash vegetables (no need to dry vegetables after washing.)
2) Trim and leave veggies whole or in half; with little peeling or chopping, to minimize cut surfaces.
3) Place in VeggiDome.
4) Eat the vegetables. If you eat from the VeggiDome twice a day, the optimal atmospheric balance for the living plant tissue is maintained. Good for you, good for the plants.
5) Refill with vegetables as needed.
6) VeggiDome washing instructions: VeggiDome can be refilled many times without washing, or can be washed whenever desired. Easiest to rinse out when you begin a new batch of vegetables.
WHAT'S THE ADVANTAGE OF USING THIS PRODUCT OVER ANY OTHER DISH?
There are several advantages, these are a few:
1. The VeggiDome "cookie jar" lid allows you to reach in, to grab and serve yourself vegetables. Without this lid, you would open the entire unit and spill much of the piled contents off the plate.
2. Even vegetables that haven't spilled onto the table can get in the way, when you attempt to replace the cover. With the VeggiDome, you put back the lid.
3. You can fill the vegetables up higher, put double the food in, because of no spill.
4. Ethylene gas emitted by the cut vegetables escapes through the seal of the "cookie jar" lid. This atmosphere of diluted ethylene gas, with a humid interior, is incredibly optimal for live plant tissue.
5. Plus, think about it, if you have a covered dish you aren't using it for veggies on a plate, on the table! Maybe because it wasn't made for that. The VeggiDome was especially designed for the purpose of storing vegetables. The oval shape uses less table space with long vegetables kept inside. The oval opening on top is for ease in placing long stalks, like carrots.
6. The VeggiDome replenishes water to the vegetables through vapor in the air, which decreases the chance for bacteria growth, bacteria thrives in contact with standing water.
WILL VEGGIDOME MAKE ME LOSE WEIGHT?
VeggiDome won't "make" you do anything. But if having visible, readily available vegetables helps you eat more high-fiber low-calorie* snacks, instead of high-calorie low-fiber nutritionally empty fodder, such as cookies, then VeggiDome can be a useful tool for decreasing or maintaining body weight.
WHAT'S THE SCIENCE BEHIND THE SHAPE OF THE VEGGIDOME?
Normally, some veggies emit a gas (ethylene) that makes other veggies ripen quickly when they are together in a refrigerator drawer. However, with the VeggiDome, not only does the domed shape dilute the ethylene gas, but the gas also leaks through the lid on the top. Plus, every time you open it up you refresh the air. This leaves the veggies lots of extra time to stay fresh.
The humid water-heavy air stays low in the base and stays fresh as if it's on the plant. This life-giving moisture is less likely to harbor as much bacteria, so the plants "drink" clean water from the humidity. Normally, as time goes by, the leaves eventually turn yellow, but with the VeggiDome on your table, you see the veggies and eat them.
These are vegetables that you're soon to eat, cook with, or chop in a salad in the next 2 or 3 days. It's now a different relationship with live-plant-based food. You can do zero food waste!
CAN VEGGIDOME HELP WITH DIABETES?
Consumption of vegetables is associated with the reduced rates of adult onset diabetes. Consumption of fiber, low glycemic index foods, and vegetables has been shown to improve hemoglobin A1c (although some of these benefits may be due to the benefits of weight loss).** Except for starchy vegetables, most vegetables have low levels of sugar (or simple carbohydrates that can easily be processed into sugar). Vegetables also typically have high fiber content, and little fat. These features make most vegetables "diabetic friendly." VeggiDome is a tool that can be used to increase vegetable consumption. Let us know how it works for you. Send us your before and after Veggidome, Hemoglobin A1c levels!